Skip to main content

New Year's Resolution, Check!

When 2017 arrived, I told myself that I would make sure to try new things. I've always wanted to learn to knit. My son helped by presenting me with a beginning knitter kit for Christmas. I had no excuses! I had to get started.

 And once I got started, I introduced my daughter to knitting. She caught the bug, too! And quickly surpassed me. I started working on a snood. She made a whole blanket. I finished my snood. She started a scarf. I made a hat. She's on to decorative table covers. Now we inspire each other!
How quickly I went from being a beginner knitter to obsessing over new yarns, new patterns, what can I make next? It's a great way to unwind. And like with writing, the process can be as exciting as holding the finished project (okay, maybe not quite as exciting, but definitely satisfying).

DO you knit? Or have a similar hobby? Are you crafty? What's new to you in 2017? Connect with me on Facebook if you have any knitting tips or projects to share! 

Comments

  1. Wow! You are really a great knitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks.Still making some mistakes, but having fun doing it!

      Delete

Post a Comment