Skip to main content

Musical Inspiration

Music has always played an important role in my life as it has for many people. If books are my refuge then music is my foundation. So when I sat down to write my first novel I was told over and over to use what I knew and since I know marketing and music I chose to write about marketing set against a backdrop of heavy metal and rockabilly. My taste in music is fairly eclectic…I like a little of everything (except country, the only country I like is Sam Hunt and the Mavericks, but that’s another story).

For me, music is a family affair. In my teens and early 20s, I spent a lot of time seeing bands: punk, rockabilly, ska, rock, metal, you name it. Before kids, my husband and I spent a lot of time in blues clubs and going to festivals. Once our children started developing their own interest in music we expanded our musical road trips to include Taylor Swift, EDM, death metal (I still shudder a little when someone mentions the Black Dahlia Murder), Imelda May, George Ezra, Purity Ring. Anyway, you get the point.



When I write I often need to block out the real world while I dive into my pretend world with my pretend people and their pretend problems. The music I listen to helps create a type of magic that allows me to tap into that special well of creativity we all have buried deep inside. Below are the first 20 songs on the playlist for my debut Beautiful Crazy (out November 1). For the complete list and play links to Spotify and Google Play Music playlists, check out my website at www.kaseylane.com/bcplaylist.

  1. Light a Way by Volbeat
  2. Big Bad Handsome Man by Imelda May
  3. World in Flames by In this Moment
  4. Alias by In Flames
  5. Collapse Zeds by Dead (Feat. Memorecks)
  6. What's Mine Is Yours by Sleater-Kinney
  7. Sound of a Revolution by Sonic Boom Six
  8. Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
  9. 11:11 by Rodrigo y Gabriella
  10. The Bleeding by Five Finger Death Punch
  11. Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold
  12. Into the Ocean by Blue October
  13. Lullaby for a Sadist by Korn
  14. The Outlaw Torn by Metallica
  15. Top Yourself by The Raconteurs
  16. Grow Old With You by Matthew Mayfield
  17. Over and Over by Tim McGraw and Nelly
  18. Moondance by Van Morrison
  19. Last Rockers by Vice Squad
  20. She by The Misfits
I’d love to hear what music does for you or what kind of music you can’t live without.



If you're interested in winning a free ARC or receiving excerpts for Beautiful Crazy or my other upcoming novels, please sign up for my newsletter on my website.

She’s a rocker with attitude and ink…
He’s a sexy suit who gets what he wants


Kevan Landry is trying to keep her life on track and her brother in rehab. If her fledgling marketing firm can sign the hot new band, Manix Curse, it will make a world of difference. Mason Dillon heads the most successful music PR firm in Portland. He’s desperate to breathe new life into the company by signing Manix Curse.

The last thing either one needs is a one-night stand with a smoldering stranger…

The stakes are high when a battle for the band—in the bedroom and the boardroom—becomes a battle of the heart. But if these two can set aside their differences, they may find they’re the right mix of sexy savvy to conquer both their worlds.


Pre-order Beautiful Crazy:

About Kasey:
Award-winning author Kasey Lane writes sexy romances featuring music, hot guys with ink, kick ass women, and always a happily ever after. A California transplant, she lives with her high school crush turned husband, two smart, but devilish kids, two dumb-as-rocks Papillons, and a bunch of bossy chickens in the lush Oregon forest. Visit her website where you'll find her swearing too much and talking about the San Jose Sharks, tattoos, and Jack White.

Comments