Skip to main content

Tell Me a Story by Shana Galen


I’m in the car a lot. Like A LOT. Driving my daughter to school and to activities takes a big portion of my day. Added to that, I run most mornings. Recently I got a subscription to Audible, and I love it. Love. It.



I can’t read while I’m running or driving, but I can listen to books. I’ve been able to read/listen to so many more books since I got my subscription than I would have without it.

That said, I do not listen to my own books on audio. It’s too weird to hear your own words in your ear. I want to revise what I hear or I want to tell the narrator to say it in a different way. I have a few narrators I really love. For contemporary, I like Julia Whelan, Sandra Burr, and Susan Eriksen. For historical, you can’t beat Rosalyn Landor.

I was thrilled when I found out this week the third book in my Jewels of the Ton series is in production to be made into an audio book. When You Give a Duke a Diamond and If You Give a Rake a Ruby are already available. I wish all my books would be in audio book. I imagine in the future, all books will be.




What about you? Do you listen to audio books?

Comments

  1. I just love the covers of your Jewel series! And I am thrilled to hear that these are on Audible...driving and listening to books are two of my favorite things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the covers too. It's fun to see different versions.

      Delete
  2. I love audio books. I listen in the car going during my weekday commute.
    I will check out your new audios Shana because I loved, loved the a Jewels of the Ton series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope they're good. I can't listen to my own books.

      Delete
  3. I'm very glad that audiobooks exist, but strangely enough, I seldom listen to them. I can happily sit through a recording of a play or an interview, but when I pick up a novel, it's almost as if the narrator's interpretation of the story interferes with my own. And I find I prefer forming my own initial impression of a work instead of letting a third party shape it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. I'd rather read myself, but if I just don't have much time at this stage of my life.

      Delete
  4. Audiobooks came back into my life last summer when we moved cross country. It felt like story time all over again. When my boys were young, we'd listen to stories on tape and CD (yeah, my car's old enough to still have a cassette deck). It was fun then and fun to rediscover now. You have gorgeous covers, too, BTW. Congratulations! I will look for these books on Audible (I like to listen now when I go on long walks).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to audio books with my daughter. We listened to Winnie the Pooh and the Chronicles of Narnia.

      Delete

Post a Comment