Skip to main content

Beginnings by C.H. Admirand

Welcome to 2011 where the possibilities are endless and the future lies before us!

Having just finished the second book in my new series for Sourcebooks, DYLAN: The Secret Life of Cowboys, I'm already hearing the voice of their younger brother, Jesse, in my head. For those that might not hear voices in their head, from a writer's point of view, it's a good thing--at least it is for this writer.

When my characters aren't speaking to me, I know it's time to take a deep breath and reevaluate my work/writing schedule. I have no problem plotting out my stories without hearing my characters ahead of time, but if they aren't talking to me by the time I'm finishing the synopsis, I won't be able to move forward until they do.

I woke up two days ago with Jesse's voice reverberating in my head. Thank goodness! And today, I've had snippets of conversations between Jesse and his oldest brother, Tyler (whose book comes out March 1st.)

Naturally they're discussing Tyler getting a tattoo to match the one his younger brothers have, especially because their New York City cousins (who are coming out for the Take Pride in Pleasure Day Celebration and Rodeo) have matching tattoos. While the Garahans (Texas ranchers) have shamrocks tattooed over their hearts (on their amazing pecs), the Garahans (NYC Firemen) have Celtic knots tattooed around their impressive biceps. Jolene and Emily have this fabulous idea for being a part of the Take Pride in Pleasure Day...they're hosting an All Male Revue, featuring those dark-haired, dark-eyed Garahans from the Circle G Ranch. What they don't know is that Jesse Garahan has invited three of their NYC firefighting cousins to round out the line-up. The women of Pleasure, Texas have no idea what delights are in store for them.

So, as far as beginnings go for this writer, I'll be writing Jesse's story next and will be planning out which trilogy is next. I'm leaning toward their NYC Garahan cousins leaving the East Coast behind and coming out to Pleasure, Texas to start over. But then there are their Colorado cousins on their mother's side--the Justiss side of the family, all of whom are lawmen, but then I have these three sisters who have a broken down ranch and a deathbed promise to keep that have been bugging me to write their story.

This is so exciting, because as with all beginnings, the possibilities are endless!

Stop by my website www.chadmirand.com to read an excerpt from TYLER, the first book in my new series The Secret Life of Cowboys releasing March 1, 2011.

While you’re there, check out my current releases, A GIFT FROM HOME and THE SAXON BRIDE.

Slainte’

C.H. Admirand

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have no shortage of opportunities after finishing your current series. I got excited just reading your comments.

    Have a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything scarier than a day without some character strutting around in your imagination? Anything more wonderful than an abundance of characters all demanding to have their stories written? I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, CH! It's wonderful to have such a fertile imagination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love those sexy cowboys takin' up abode in your imagination? And don't you love those fan letters that ask for more and more? Happy 2011 ... may our cowboys have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing a new character's voice. Sounds like you have lots of work--and fun--ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, those cowboys. Aren't you glad we don't have plumbers or accountants begging us to tell their stories?
    Can't wait to get to know your boys and their feisty girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore all of the different options you have. No shortage of beginnings there. So excited for you. I wish you much success. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when new characters arrive in my imagination. It's great getting to know them. And by the time the "honeymoon" stage is over, I've got new characters to get to know. It's a great "problem" to have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Tracey. ;) If I could write full time, I'd be writing 24/7!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Grace.The longest I've gone without characters bugging me is three weeks and those were the scariest days of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terry, it's funny, but my imagination is what kept me up nights waiting for our three to come home. It was such a relief when they finally figured out it wasn't that I didn't trust them...it's all of the things I imagined could happen that kept me up fretting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Garahan brothers have kept me up nights for over a year now. Good thing my hubby is very understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shana - I really can't wait to write the All Male Revue scene!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Joanne ;) It's been such a fun series to write.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Sara. It's true I have a lot of ideas, the hard part is squeezing in the time to get them all on paper! My day job takes up a large chunk of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree Olivia, it's wonderful. The hard part is letting them go, that's why I enjoy writing trilogies and series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So excited for you, CH! How great to get the voices in your head for the new year. Let them keep talking! :}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment