Skip to main content

Merry Christmas to All

The Casa Babes are taking the day off to spend the holiday with their REAL families, so here we give you some Christmas cheer, Casa style. Enjoy! We'll be back on Friday.

Linda Wisdom
1. What are you asking for from Santa? A Kindle, bath and body goodies and clothes.
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? Last year I gave my editor and agent their very own Fluff and Puff slippers. So far their toes have been safe!

Marie Force
1. What are you asking for from Santa? A new purse! My DH has been slowing improving my previously sadly lacking purse collection. Looking forward to seeing what this year brings.
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? My favorite gift I ever gave anyone was the year I got the DH the sewing machine he'd been wanting for years. I giggled all the way out of Sears with it and he went nuts over it. He considers it a, ahem, power tool. You go girl!

Loucinda McGary
1. What are you asking for from Santa? To be a year younger instead of a year older! Okay, I guess I won't get that, so how bout keeping me and my friends and family healthy and happy at least until next Christmas?


2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? About ten years ago, my co-workers and I decided to participate in an "Adopt a Family" program. We all enjoyed it so much that we did it every year. Since I quit my day job, the DH and I pick two or three kids names off a local charity's "giving tree." We try to pick teenagers because most people tend to buy toys for the younger children. We buy these kids gifts in lieu of giving each other something.

Mary Margaret Daughtridge
1. What are you asking for from Santa? I don't know. I'd rather be surprised.
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? Ten or so years ago I accepted a commission for a painting of a son driving a tractor. In time it was finished, and the patrons loved it. Sadly, it was destroyed in a house fire. When I was cleaning out my old house, I came across a study I did for the painting. Sending that study to them, as a gift, was one of the best feelings I've had in a long time.

Michele Ann Young
1. What are you asking for from Santa? forty-eight hours in every day. And if he can't do that I'd like new winter boots.
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? Buying my computer illiterate dh a laptop. He's hooked and wired and plugged in.

Robin Kaye
1. What are you asking for from Santa? Nothing.
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? I knit my mother a sweater coat with hand-died yarn that was just to die for. It turned out so beautifully, it's been 16 years and she still treasures it. I see it every time she comes to visit in the fall or winter.

Sharon Lathan
1. What are you asking for from Santa? It doesn't matter since my Mr. Darcy always buys me extravagant stuff I do not need!
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? OK, sappy alert, but I would have to say it was presenting my family with our son, nearly 16 years ago now!

Christina Harlin
1. What are you asking for from Santa? I have been so lucky this year, I can’t think of a thing. I hope I can find wonderful gifts for everyone I love.
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? My best gift ever was the Smith-Corona typewriter I received when I was 13. I typed stories on it every day for the next seven years.

Cheryl Brooks
1. What are you asking for from Santa? Nuthin'
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? My son's Wii that I had to go through all kinds of hell to get!

Judi Fennell
1. What are you asking for from Santa? I don't ask Santa. I pretty much get what I want during the year and let Christmas be all about the kids.
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? Hands down it was giving the kids a puppy on Christmas morning. I know all the "experts" say you shouldn't do this, but we'd just lost our older dog three months prior and the one blind, deaf dog left was so pitiful without his "seeing eye dog" buddy. And the kids really wanted a puppy. And, yeah, okay, maybe I did too. LOL. I picked her up Christmas Eve and took her to my parents' house so we could all go to church together. Then after the kids were asleep, I picked her up, brought her home and slept with her in the basement because I didn't want her crying all night. She didn't. She was perfect. My husband got the kids in the living room the next morning and I brought up this cute little red cocker spaniel with a big bow on - in a basket. She sat so still they didn't realize she was real until I set the basket on the floor and she moved. Then, oh my gosh! The squeals! The tears! The shrieks of joy and laughter! It was amazing! I play that video back every so often just to relive it. Any gifts they got after the puppy were just extraneous. Until, however, we got to the end and my husband said (this was all planned, so no surprise for me), "Let's give Mom her birthday present." (My birthday is in February.) They looked at him a little funny. They looked at him even funnier when I opened a box just like one we'd already opened: with a leash, a dog collar, some dog toys and treats. One of my kids whispered, "Mom, you already got all that stuff," feeling very sorry for me but not wanting to hurt Dad's feelings. I replied, "I did? Hmmm...I guess so. Can you tell me what this name tag says on the new collar?" Yep, you guessed it. Different name. It took them a few seconds but then all their eyes lit up: "You got us TWO puppies?" Yes we did. The other one was from a different litter and too young to come home. I'm a firm believer in a dog needs a friend as well and two are actually easier than one. It was a great Christmas!

Beth Cornelison
1. What are you asking for from Santa? Ebook reader, Dragon Naturally Speaking
2. What is the best gift you have given someone else either this year or in years past? I gave my husband a copy of our wedding picture in an engraved frame with the wedding date for his office...so he has no excuse to forget our anniversary!

Comments